Richland #44 High School Announcements
Wednesday – April 16, 2014
Menu: Hot Ham & Cheese Thursday: Baked Potato Plate Count: 126
*PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO SCHOOL on Easter Monday, April 21st. We received notice late Friday from the state
**FFA – PIZZA CORNER pizza will be delivered today at 3pm. All FFA members should be sure to have a ride home to accommodate their pizza order. Track athletes must make arrangements – before practice.
*Richland #44 now has surplus items for sale by bid. Some items include: Light fixtures, doors, cabinets, ceiling tiles, lockers, siding, windows, etc. For a complete list and instructions, please visit our website and click on “Surplus Property” under the District Office tab.
* Richland High School Athletic Banquet and Silent Auction: Sunday, April 27th at 5:00 pm Colfax High School. Be sure to RSVP to Sarah Reiland – email@example.com or 701-793-8432 by Friday, April 18th, 2014 Roast Beef, Potato, Corn & Bun $15.00 per plate
Coltbackers are honoring our student athletes and coaches so their meal is free
Payments can be made payable to Coltbackers at either school. You can also pay online thru eFunds – Select “Athletic Banquet” item.
**Mowing bids for Richland #44 lots are due April 18
* Richland High School Summer 2014 Sanford POWER Training Camp. WHEN: June 3rd – July 31st. Registration deadline is Monday, May 19, 2014. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Contact, Mike Herrick (Michael.Herrick@sendit.nodak.edu)
*JH Track Meet added: April 26th in Milnor – 10am
* Boys BB meeting in the library for players in grades 8-11 during flex time on Thursday (period 3)
* Congratulations to the Speech team for a successful Regional meet. Gavin earned a first place in Extemporaneous Speaking and a second in Humorous. Flynn Muscha was sixth in Poetry. The Humorous Duo of Reed Rufer and Morgan Adams earned a seventh place finish. Morgan also had a seventh place finish in Entertain. The Serious Duo of Courtney Haverland and Hannah Smith finished in sixth. All members of the team did well and came home with medals.
*Gavin Muscha has qualified to attend the National Speech and Debate (Formerly National Forensic League) Tournament in International Extemporaneous Speaking. He was a finalist in both Extemp, Speaking and Humorous. The national competition this year is in Kansas City/Overland Park, Kansas. The Richland Chapter was recognized as the leading NFL chapter for the Roughrider District. That award is given to one team each year that has been active in NFL activities.
*Mrs. Morken will be in over lunch today to meet with the Speech team about last week’s regional meet and plans for State and next year
*FFA: Members interested in STATE CONVENTION must sign up in the Ag Room BY TOMORROW!
From the Counselor:
The following scholarships will be awarded to Richland #44 Students only.
**Dollars for Scholars applications will be handed out soon. Numerous scholarships will be awarded this year!! This includes Cass County Electric $1,000; Muscha Family Scholarship $500; Anders Flaa Memorial $500 (JUST ADDED) Aber Sportsman $500; and various Richland #44 DFS scholarships totaling $5,000 to be divided and awarded. Applications are due April 17th.
* The 72nd annual Boys State will be held June 8-13 on the campus of NDSCS. If there are any boys in the junior class who are interested please talk to Mr. Anderson. The Christine American Legion is looking for students to sponsor.
* Christine Park Board VENDOR & CRAFT SHOW – Saturday, May 3 from 11:30am – 4pm
Park board members will be serving lunch with proceeds benefiting the Christine Park Board. Vendors include: Mary Kay, ThirtyOne, Scentsy, Origami Owl, Norwex, Nerium, Watkins, Lia Sophia, Itworks!, Stampin UP, Younique, Herbalife, Tastefully Simple, Jamberry Nails, Ft. Aber Cook Books, Emily Zaun Photopgraphy, CRAFTERS: Margie Schlauch, Faylin Myhre, Melissa Hudson, Alice Reiff, Nature Photography by Judy Comings, Jewelry by Darla Blilie, Quiltz by Deb Krump, and much more!!!